The Sugar Girls: Tales of Hardship, Love and Happiness in Tate & Lyle’s East End is a bestselling work of narrative non-fiction based on interviews with women who worked in Tate & Lyle’s East End factories in Silvertown from the mid-1940s onwards. Written by Duncan Barrett and Nuala Calvi.
Duncan and Nuala will be popping by to read exerts of their new book, The Sugar Girls, following the great response we had when they came along last year with GI Brides.
* This is a change to the advertised Street Art talk due to unforseen circumstance – we are working on fitting this in later in the year.
- When: Wednesday 4th February 2015
- Arrive: From 7pm ready to begin at 7.30pm
- Where: Upstairs at the East Dulwich Tavern
- Guests: As always, guests are welcome to join our event! We simply ask that they wait until all members have signed in and we can then accept guests until we reach capacity. Cost for guests is £3